About Me

My photo
Hey all you cool cats and kittens . . . my name is Bridget and I'm 36 years old living in beautiful Las Vegas with my husband Geoff and our little girl Penelope. Fall is my favorite time of year and I'm so excited to start my blog during my favorite season. So, join me as I tell you about my life and its many adventures.

Monday, November 9, 2020

Book Club

I recently joined a book club at my work and i'm so excited because I love to read. It'll be a great way to connect with my new coworkers. Also, it'll be fun to read a book that one of the partners at my law firm didn't write. Part of my training was to read those three books. The book we all voted on is called Where the Crawdads sing by Delia Owens. So far it's a really interesting book. I usually like to read before bed but lately I've falling asleep before I can finish a chapter. So, I've made a deal with myself to read at least 5 to 10 pages a day so I can keep up with the reading before we all meet up to discuss the book. Back in April some friends and I decided to have a socially distanced book club while we were all stuck at home and it was so much fun. We read a lot of young adult and fantasy books. I'm looking forward to reading this book because it's like a fiction thriller which is usually what I like to read. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn was quite possibly one of my favorite fiction thriller books that i've read ever. My favorite author of all time though is Chuck Palahniuk. His most famous novel is Fight Club. I have all of his books and almost all of them are autographed. He came into Borders book store where I worked when I was younger and he signed all this books so of course I bought one copy of each one. It was a wonderful day. Who are some of your favorite authors? What is a good book that you would recommend I read? Let me know in the comments. Well, that's all for now folks, have a great week!!!



 

9 comments:

  1. I was never much of a reader. I prefer to watch or do the activity. But since I began using blogs as an assignment in my IS101 course curriculum a decade ago, I have enjoy reading my students' hobbies, passions, views, and happenings that they shared through their posts and comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that your job created a book club for its employees. I love to read nonfiction, memoirs, autobiographies, self-help books, as well as contracts, laws, and dissertations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love reading, I have never been a part of a book club. I have read "Diary" by Chuck Palahniuk, and I loved it, but I could not get into some of his other books. I really liked John Grisham and James Patterson (the Alex Cross books) when I was a teen, and I think reading John Grisham was part of the reason why I aspired to be a lawyer back then. Unfortunately, I can't think of any recommendations for the genre you like >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read John Grisham books when I was younger too! My favorite was the street lawyer. My mom bought me that book when I was 16.

      Delete
  4. That's awesome that your part of a book club and that you can still do those type of things during the time of COVID. I've actually never been a huge reader, so I have been listening to many different podcasts while I drive now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have to join the not much of a reader book club. It is nice to be in any productive club especially these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love to read too, I usually borrow it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love reading when I was younger, but sadly I slowly started to read less and less growing up. One of the books that have stood out to me the most was Of Mice and Men. Not sure if you read it so I'll just say the ending was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I miss reading. I used to be able to devour any book in a matter of days. Sometimes I'd read two books at a time! Oh to be a nerdy middle school kid again!! Once things settle I want to start reading again.

    ReplyDelete