About Me

My photo
Hey all you cool cats and kittens . . . my name is Bridget and I'm 36 years old living in beautiful Las Vegas with my husband Geoff and our little girl Penelope. Fall is my favorite time of year and I'm so excited to start my blog during my favorite season. So, join me as I tell you about my life and its many adventures.

Monday, September 14, 2020

I, Robot

 This week Penelope's teacher told us that for class on Friday she had to present a robot made out of recycled materials. Penelope was so excited to find out we were gonna build a robot because one of her favorite movies is WALL-E. Well, I am not very crafty. I mean I wish I was and I always thought I would be one of those moms that makes cute crafts and sews costumes but I'm not really good at any of those things. I have great ideas but yeah overall I'm not crafty. I have a vision but I don't always know how to execute it.  One thing I do love is singing songs with Penelope and WALL-E is great because they use songs from the musical Hello, Dolly!. Her favorite song to sing is "Put on Your Sunday Clothes".  I love musicals. I'm not a very talented singer but I can carry a tune. I hope that one day Penelope will want to give acting a try. I would never force her of course but she is so dramatic sometimes (wonder who she got that from?) and she has a great imagination. 

Building this robot is gonna be so much fun for all of us even if it comes out looking more like a pile of garage and not a robot that collects garbage. I'll be sure to update everyone next week with photos of our progress and the finished robot. Have a wonderful week everyone and don't forget "put on your sunday clothes there's lots of world out there." 













10 comments:

  1. Wall-E, what a cool movie :-)

    Wall-E 2 has a release date of March 5, 2021.

    Can't wait to see photos of your and Penelope's robot ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a complex task- building a robot made out of recycled materials! I wouldn't even know where to start, but I am really excited to see what you come up with, and I would love for you to share in one of your future blog posts. The site to follow seems pretty simple in case you need some inspiration or want to follow this how-to craft ^_^ https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/64846/recycled-crafts-cereal-box-robot/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, wish that I could be one of those crafty moms, but like you, I have the ideas but lack the ability to execute them. When doing projects with my children I just tell myself it's the bonding experience that's important - not a perfect end result. I am sure Penelope and you will have a blast building a robot, and I can't wait to see the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful bond with Penelope that cant be taken away. Building a robot seems like so much fun. I love musicals too and the songs from Wall-E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wall-E was a great movie and me my nephew watch it together sometimes. Even if the project doesn't turn out the way either of you expected, it's still going to be worth it. Your daughter will remember that experience and that has a larger impact than perfecting a recycled robot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will have a good time building a robot with your daughter and I can not wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wall-E my daughter and I watched this movie 1000 times, and loved it every time. You and your little one will do just fine creating her Wall-E, pretty sure she will enjoy the moment regardless of the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved projects like this one. I remember seeing the work of the really artistic kids in high school and being amazed. Hope you and your daughter have a good time building the robot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love working on craft projects when I was younger. Growing up with no money, I grew fond of creating my own toys to play with which helped expand my ingenuity and engineering skills as a child. Some of my most memorable projects included working with pipe cleaners and doing origami.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading this made me smile. I am really looking forward to the time I get to do little projects with my kids.

    ReplyDelete