About Me

My photo
Hey all you cool cats and kittens . . . my name is Bridget and I'm 36 years old living in beautiful Las Vegas with my husband Geoff and our little girl Penelope. Fall is my favorite time of year and I'm so excited to start my blog during my favorite season. So, join me as I tell you about my life and its many adventures.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Treat yo' self

First of all, I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. I spent the weekend at the park enjoying the splash pad with Penelope. This little girl loves to run around and play at the park. It was nice playing in the water because it was exceptionally hot this weekend. I wanted to make this weekend extra special because I started a new job today...
That's right guys I was recently hired on as a law coordinator with a local law firm. I applied for the position about a month and a half ago and went through 3 grueling interviews and finally last monday they called to tell me I got the job and would be starting on Tuesday. What? Me? I did it!!!! I was so excited. I'm getting my foot in the door and taking a step in the right direction. So, today I had my orientation and meet some of my fellow coworkers and the Partners of the firm and I was just so excited. I have 2 weeks of intense training ahead of me so my time management skills have to be on point with keeping up with school, work, and family but I know I can do it. Orientation wrapped up a little early today so I decided to treat myself to some Starbucks cause you know, its fall and they have the pumpkin spice cold brew which is my fave but they also have these cute little fox cakepops so I bought one for me and one for Penelope as a treat for when she's done with class.
Also, my husband Geoff got me hooked on Cobra Kai on Netflix and I highly recommend it and since the original Karate Kid movies came out in the 80s I was on a kick of listening to 80s songs but if you're familar with The Weekend he also has a single out called "blinding lights" which totally sounds like an 80s song and has been on repeat while I'm in the car. Here's a video of his VMA performance this year, it was sooooo good. Have a great week everyone and I look forward to more next week :)

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting a new job today Bridget ^_^

    From performing art to law, quite a change!

    Your pursuit of an Associate of Applied Science degree in Paralegal Studies is off to a good start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations and Best of Luck, Bridget! I'm sure you will do amazing. It is exciting to land a job in the field you are studying. It certainly gives you a necessary insight into whether the field is the right one or not, while also allowing you to build real-life experience. You will do great, and remember, don't be afraid to ask questions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! I'm a little jealous lol. Your daughter is so cute, and looks thrilled to be playing with the water. I hope you two enjoyed your cake pops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! congratulations on your new job. Later on you will get an even better Job until this is just the beginning. Keep working hard for your family and everything will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such good news to hear when someone gets hired in our current times. Congratulations on your recent job. Ironic you mentioned the song "Blinding Lights", my friends couldn't stop listening to that this Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penelope looks like she is having a blast! Congrats on the new job and career change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats great! You're making moves girl! I loovee Cobra Kai. My brother in law forced me and my sister to watch it with him last year when it was just on Youtube. So when I heard it was on Netflix I got soo excited I was finally going to get a relief from that crazy cliffhanger, but no. Netflix only uploaded the existing episodes. I guess I'll go back to not so patiently waiting for the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new job, you are one step closer to your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on landing the job. I just started watching Cobra Kai too, I like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new job! Happy to hear that you were able to make such a comeback after the mess this year has unleashed. I hope all goes well for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete