About Me

My photo
Hey all you cool cats and kittens . . . my name is Bridget and I'm 36 years old living in beautiful Las Vegas with my husband Geoff and our little girl Penelope. Fall is my favorite time of year and I'm so excited to start my blog during my favorite season. So, join me as I tell you about my life and its many adventures.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Thanks, a latte.

I love coffee but I love coffee dates with my friends even more. Today I went to one of my favorite coffee shops in town, Gäbi Coffee & Bakery. This place has a super hipster vibe to it, but I love it anyway. The natural light just really makes it feel cozy inside. I just want to cuddle up with a good book and a hot cup of coffee when I’m there. I also love the bar made of book-stacks by the front. I ordered the white chocolate raspberry latte. I don’t actually like my coffee to taste like coffee. I like it sweet. They also have an amazing food selection. I ordered an avocado croissant and a cream cheese donut that tasted like a churro. It was delicious and definitely filled me up. I met up with my friend Francis. She’s one of my best friends and we met while doing a play together at Las Vegas Little Theatre. I love getting to catch up with her because even though we live in the same city it’s so hard to find time to see each other. Adulting sucks sometimes. Because of COVID the café wasn’t as busy as it usually is which I liked because people were being good about social distancing and the staff was great about sanitizing tables and chairs.


I think Francis and I spent about two hours in there chatting about everything under the sun. I told her about school and about my blog. Which I told her she would be featured in. She told me about how she’s been helping a local group to build houses for the homeless. She’s always getting involved in the community and doing volunteer work to meet people which I think is great, I just wish I was as outgoing as her. I’m very shy so it takes me a while to warm up to people. She was also laid off from the entertainment industry. She is an acrobat so right now she’s just doing what she can until hopefully some shows start opening back up. She is always such an inspiration to me. She's headed back to New York for a while to take care of some things out there. It was nice catching up especially since I wasn't sure when we would be seeing each other again. Hopefully next time though the weather will be cooler and we can do some fun adventures outdoors. 

Francis and I in "Se-Krits" at Las Vegas Little Theatre



 

9 comments:

  1. Meeting one of your best friends at coffee shop to catch up for two hours sounds like a wonderful respite from our fight against COVID-19 :-)

    Hmm... maybe I'll check out Gäbi Coffee & Bakery next time when I'm around Spring Mountain and Jones.

    Cream cheese doughnut that tasted like a churro, interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coffee and coffee dates too - and love supporting local coffee shops! The cafe looks so cute, and the food looks delicious :) It looks like you had a lovely time with your best friend, and I'm sure it was a nice escape from all that is going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are spot on, Bridget, when you state, "I love getting to catch up with her because even though we live in the same city it’s so hard to find time to see each other. Adulting sucks sometimes." Similarly, I am just so busy with work, life, and school, that I sometimes feel that I may be a horrible friend when I have to push-off times that my friends invite me out, so yes, adulting DOES suck. It's not that I don't want to hangout with them, but rather I have other priorities that must take precedence. Hopefully, I'll be able to have a little more relaxation time and visit a coffee shop with some friends during this Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coffee so much. I'm definitely going to visit this shop with friends. When you said it gives off a hipster vibe, I was instantly hooked on. When i visit the shop, I'm going to get coffee and just draw/relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I saw the food and drink you had my attention, they look delicious. It's always nice to spend time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget your entertainment background shines bright again, your titles always capture me, and lead to a great read. This Pandemic has put a damper on social life. Friends and family, hugs and smiles are more valuable in life today. Social distancing has taught us to enjoy the moments we all have together. Glad to see you and your friend were able to share a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog already looks amazing, I think I'm going to have to start adding pictures to my posts as well! The plate you had looks so delicious! I also really love hanging out with friends for a coffee date or pretty much any reason. Just like all of us I've been having a hard time being so isolated from my friends. Even if we want to hang out its hard to get over the newly developed sense of agoraphobia haha. For the meanwhile my roomate (aka my mom) is getting treated to my best home cooking three meals a day LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to this coffee shop before and the hipster aesthetic is really satisfying. Food in there is great! Too bad I cant remember what I ordered last time. I'll definitely give that cream cheese doughnut a try next time I head down there. I'm glad that you and your friend were able to click up once again given the struggles everyone has with time during this pandemic. Also, good luck to your friend! I hope she is able to take care of things in New York with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,Good coffee and sandwich with best friend that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete