About Me

My photo
Hey all you cool cats and kittens . . . my name is Bridget and I'm 36 years old living in beautiful Las Vegas with my husband Geoff and our little girl Penelope. Fall is my favorite time of year and I'm so excited to start my blog during my favorite season. So, join me as I tell you about my life and its many adventures.

Saturday, November 28, 2020

The Beginning of our Quarantine Christmas

 On friday night we decided to build our gingerbread house. We went over to visit my brother and his family since we didn't get to see them on Thanksgiving. Penelope loves when she gets to visit her cousin Sara. They're only a month apart in age so they have been very close over the years. Penelope says that Sara is her best friend and sometimes they are but sometimes they spend the whole time arguing and telling on each other. Overall though they love to spend time together. The girls were so excited to build the gingerbread house that it was hard to get them to eat dinner before hand but they both managed to eat some thanksgiving leftovers. Then we got to the fun stuff building our gingerbread house. I think I may have built one gingerbread house in my whole life and it was when I was in elementary school and we used graham crackers as the foundation not actual gingerbread. So, this little kit my husband picked up from target was really nice because it came with the gingerbread house, different candies for decoration, and frosting to stick it all together. The adults mostly did all the work while the girls snuck pieces of candy and decided they wanted to eat frosting instead of using it on the gingerbread house. We all had a fun time decorating and starting the beginning of our quarantine Christmas. 






 

8 comments:

  1. Penelope and Sara look like they are having a lot of fun eating the gingerbread house :-) A good beginning to a quarantine Christmas ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family Bonding + Gingerbread House Making = The Best Memories. Glad you are able to capture these moments with photos and upload them to your blog to reflect on this; it'll be great for you to look back and see how you described it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures, it looks like you all having a lot of fun. Technology is great now because it's easier to store and record memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gingerbread house :) The first one I ever helped put together was a couple of years ago with my children. This year, instead of a house, we will just be decorating gingerbread cookies. I am sure Penelope and Sara will always be best friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penelope and Sara seem like they are having a good time building the gingerbread house. May I ask, can you eat them? I really don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only made one out of graham crackers too. They kind of remind me of my brother and his cousin with being bestfriends and close in age. It certainly looks like they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family activities provide so much support and love, glad to see your family spending quality time, social distancing has over stayed its welcome. I loved this part, "Penelope says that Sara is her best friend and sometimes they are but sometimes they spend the whole time arguing and telling on each other." reminds me of my daughter and her cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute activities!! I think next holidays I'm going to steal some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete